Senior Principal Analyst, National Bank of Rwanda (BNR)
I am a Senior Principal Analyst of payment systems working with the National Bank of Rwanda (NBR). Since 2007 when I joined NBR I contributed to the following achievements:
- Improved oversight of payment system by designing data collection templates, data analysis, reporting, clear communication with stakeholders, and leading onsite visits to PSPs and PSOs.
- An enabling environment for digital payments products in Rwanda (in Rwanda since 2009) including participation in drafting laws, regulations, guidelines, analysing their applications for licenses and draft responses, etc.
- Study on Rwanda’s payment system landscape.
- Active coordination and participation in awareness campaigns on digital payments.
- Active coordination to implement the projects of Cheque Truncation System (live) and Interoperability (not yet live).